Energy is the essence of our universe. We can’t escape it. We are made of it and are in constant interaction with energies around us.
There needs to be a balance energetically between any interaction otherwise our bodies are not able to function optimally and we will certainly feel the effects!
If you are reading this then it is very likely that, like me, you are more sensitive than most.
It’s all about Energetic Boundaries.
Yes, even though you can’t see it, they exist and you can most definitely feel it.
I will be referring here more to the negative aspect of relationship boundaries and how to start creating healthier energetic boundaries for you when interacting with energy drainers, often called Energy Vampires.
First though how do you know you are being drained energetically?
Below are some signs that you are absorbing other people’s energy:
- You feel energetically drained after being around certain people
- You feel dizzy or sick after being in the presence of or engaging in a conversation with a specific person (even on the phone!)
- You often get a headache or feel tired after being around an energy vampire or even in a crowded place
- You feel energetically heavy being around energy drainers
- You just want to sleep after engaging with energy vampires
- You feel down, fearful, negative, low and lack motivation after being in their presence
How to cleanse yourself after you have been drained & absorbed low vibrations:
- Have a salt bath or go for a swim in the sea
- Do a grounding meditation or ground
- Use sage or palo santo to cleanse your aura
- Imagine you are showering yourself in white light cleansing your aura & releasing any negative energies
- Imagine giving back everyone’s energies that is not yours and take back your energy!
- Ask Archangel Michael to cleanse you of any negative energies and cloak you with his protective shield (often seen as a blue light)
Some of the above I have mentioned in previous blogs. Check it out for more information by scrolling below.
How to protect yourself when around energy vampires:
- Shield yourself with white light or whatever feels right for you at the moment, use your intention
- Ask Archangel Michael for his protection and to shield you from energy attacks
- Use crystals specifically for protection; black tourmaline for example
- If you start to feel your energy being drained immediately reinforce your energy boundary with your intention and push any energy that is not yours back to the person (you may need to do this several times)
How to spot an energy vampire a mile away:
- People who constantly complain about everything in their lives
- People who are always gossiping about others behind their backs
- People who are envious about what you or other people have (watch out for comments; like how much did that cost you)
- People who have a need to talk constantly & never listen to a word you say or even give you a chance to talk
- People who emotionally guilt trip you to do favors for them
- People who love drama or creating scenes for no reason
- People who are constantly pointing the finger at everyone and refuse to take responsibility for their life
- People who want you to feel sorry for them, and get angry at you if you speak your honest truth to try to help them
Please be aware that the energy vampire could be you! And that’s ok too. We are all here to learn and grow through our experiences.
No one likes to be around energy drainers. It is truly exhausting and eventually they end up pushing people away.
I was also an energy vampire at one time, and played the victim for a very long time wanting everyone’s sympathy, complaining about everything and all of the points I mentioned above. Once I became aware of this I started to work on it consciously.
Although I have done a lot of inner work and am aware of energies and energetic boundaries, I still get affected. Recently I spent the day with my grandparents, they complained and bickered all day back and forth. By the end of the day I had a terrible headache and was so tired that I went to bed at 8:30pm. The next day I took the appropriate action to cleanse energetically and not to let their energy affect mine.
I have experienced both sides of the coin. Many times.
Energy is dynamic in nature so you will always have to be aware of this dance when intermingling with people.
The first step to healing is awareness. When we become aware of our limiting patterns, even if it’s “OMG I’m an energy vampire”.. it is only then that we can take action towards shifting them!
In a few cases I have found that it can be a belief programmed much earlier in life such as a soul bargain or energetic dependency. If this is the case, meaning you are not able to shift this pattern, then I highly recommend you reach out for some help from a professional healer or therapist.
P.S. If you need help working through this, I would love to light the way for you! Check out my Heart & Soul Coaching.