Have you been spiritually faking it?
I have recently noticed this common trend in so many “spiritual people” which kind of took me by surprise (to some extent).
This is a very tricky subject where those on the spiritual path (or claim to be) use spiritual concepts to bypass their soul lessons. Meaning they are not truly walking the talk and clearly not learning any life lessons.
In fact they avoid dealing with their deep wounds at all cost and live in a “higher vibration” delusion.
This is the shadow of spirituality. Those “blinded by the light” saying all the right things and yet are not in integrity with themselves, oblivious to the fact that they are not actually doing the inner work.
Some common traits of spiritual by-passers include:
- Not being grounded
- Living in ‘airy-fairy’ land
- Claiming to be in a higher vibration or more spiritual than everyone else
- Chasing the light rather than embracing the dark (wounds, lessons, shadow)
- Suppressing or denying anger and other “negatively” perceived emotions saying it is “lower vibrations” or beneath them
- Equate compassion and forgiveness with accepting other people’s behaviours that are hurting their soul
- “Reflecting” and thinking that they can “think” themselves out of their issues rather than processing the emotions and embodying the lessons
- Not caring about the soul’s temple aka “the body”
- Condemning everyone else’s shadow professing they have embraced theirs
- Thinking that wealth and money is not spiritual
- Overemphasising on the positive (toxic positivity)
- Praying to God and the Angels and not take any action
- Extremely judgmental about everything thinking they are not
- Using meditation or spirituality like a drug, to feel better and get a quick fix but not doing the REAL inner work!
I could go on… but I think you get the picture.
So if you have been thinking that spirituality and soul evolution is all about being overly compassionate and forgiving without any understanding of boundaries or integrity, lighting candles, fairies, angels, thinking positive and seeing the number 11:11 everywhere you go, then you are very much mistaken.
It’s ok if you have, I did it too in the beginning of my journey.
There is a trend to associate spirituality with bliss, oneness, inner peace and all the “light” things..
I can tell you one thing:
You will not evolve and be able to shift anything if you do not do the inner “dirty” work!
And.. I don’t mean just “thinking” about it. Analyzing an issue does nothing unless you process it in your heart, body & soul.
Transcending the issue is not the answer either.
When you spiritually bypass or try to transcend the issue, you are not integrating the wisdom of the lesson into your being.
And so you keep yourself stuck, repeating the same old patterns and facing the same issues over and over again and wonder why nothing is shifting…
It takes real courage to face your fears, humility to look at your shame, strength to embrace your deepest wounds. You have to feel it, process it in your body and integrate the lesson into your being.
The spiritual path is really not easy and that’s why it is truly the road less traveled.
You have to walk through the fire.
And befriend the dark..
So I know this is not for everyone, it is for the spiritual warriors.
It is for those brave souls who are seeking to connect with the depths of their heart..
If you are on the path, I bow to you.
This journey is infinite.
And as long as we are here on Earth we will have lessons so you can’t be in a hurry.
There is no “get enlightened quick” route.
Your life is the path.
Your challenges and obstacles are the way. So you may as well embrace it.
I invite you to look deeper, to breathe, to feel and embody whatever is going on in your life.
One thing I learned along my journey over and over again is that the only way out is through.
So be bold, look everything in the eye fearlessly.
See the reflection of this internally and come to peace with what is.
And only then can you take the next step on your path.
P.S. If you’re struggling to walk the path, sacred to get burnt in the fire of self-discovery or fear losing yourself in the dark, I would love to guide you! Click here to know more about my intuitive coaching and emotional healing services.
All techniques and information I share are considered coaching, self-help or complementary therapies. I am not a licensed psychologist, psychiatrist or medical doctor, I have a degree in Health Sciences in Complementary Therapies. Everything I write and talk about comes mainly from my own experience in healing myself and the tools, techniques, and resources I learned throughout my own inner journey.
Follow me on social media:
If you enjoyed this blog, feel free to share it on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest
by using the super-easy share buttons below!